Hawaii - Hawaii guide, attractions and pictures
will mesmerize you like, perhaps no other place in the world. The floral, fresh breeze will energize you, the tranquil waters rejuvenate you and the breathtakingly beautiful natural scenery will leave you absolutely spell-bound. Whether this is your first visit to the island or you are on your repeat visit, the six exclusive islands of Hawaii are bound to create exciting, unforgettable memories of a lifetime.
The most popular tourist attractions of Hawaii are to be found in the islands of Oahu
, Maui, Kauai, Molokai, Lanai as well as the Big island of Hawaii.
- South Oahu consists of the most fascinating beaches like Waikiki, Queens Surf Beach, Kuhio Beach, Duke Kahanamoku Beach, San Souci Beach among others. Ala Moana Beach Park is another area attraction located between Waikiki and Aloha Tower. A popular area for snorkeling is Hanauma Bay. For scenic lookouts and hiking trails, one may visit the Makapuu Lighthouse Trail, Manoa Falls Trail, and Diamond Head Crater Trail.
Oahu’s north shore extends from Kahuku Point to Kaena Point and is a classic surfing destination. Some of the beach areas in this part of Oahu include Waimea Beach, Pupukea Beach Park and Sunset Beach Park to name a few.
East Oahu includes such popular tourist attractions as Sea Life Park, Byodo-In Temple, and Kualoa Adventure Ranch.
West Oahu attractions are Hawaiian Waters Adventure Park, Makaha Beach and Kaena Point State Beach Park among others.
The popular tourist spots of central Oahu are the Pearl Harbor where you can pay a visit to USS Arizona Memorial, and also the Pacific Aviation Museum. To get an idea of the ethnic communities who had immigrated to work on the Hawaii plantations, you can visit the Hawaii’s Plantation Village.
- Kilauea Volcano is an active volcano and is located at the Hawaii Volcano National Park. Other places of tourist importance in this area include Kealakekua Bay, the Hilo Town and Imiloa Astronomy Center among numerous other attractions.
- Visitors can enjoy the view within the dormant Haleakala Volcano National Park. Visit the Iao Valley State Park and derive immense pleasure walking through the historic roads of the earlier whaling town of Lahaina. Tourists can also drive through the long winding road full of scenic splendor to Hana. The lovely Maui Island holds appeal for everyone.
- Some of the most visited attractions of Kauai include:
• Na Pali Coast State Park: Magnificently beautiful but remote coastal park found in the northern shore of Kauai. Hiking is a very popular activity on the Kalalu Trail.
• Wailua River State Park: Located near the banks of Wailua River the park is famous for hiking trails, fishing, kayaking, water skiing and picnicking.
- Kakahaia National Wildlife Refuge, the Kawela Battle Ground, Kalaupapa National Historical Park are some of the top attractions in this island.
- Lanai city is a picturesque historical town. Other tourist spots include Hulopoe Beach, Kaunolu Village Archaeological Site, and Munro Trail.
No wonder, Hawaii is a place which enthralls visitors with its undying charm.
Please help us build a better site. Add your comments about Hawaii here