- Istanbul is located on the Bosphorus Strait, which connects the Black Sea to the Sea of Marmara and the Mediterranean.
- Istanbul was formerly called Constantinople and Byzantium.
- Istanbul was the headquarters of the Ottoman Empire.
- Most visited attractions are Hagia Sophia, Topkapi Palace, Blue Mosque and the Grand Bazaar.
- Istanbul was a former capital of Turkey. Now the capital is Ankara.
- Istanbul is one of the biggest cities in the world, with more than 13 million population.
- Hagia Sophia used to be the largest church in the world for 900 years.