Niagara Falls Facts
- Niagara Falls erosion causes it to wear back at approximately 1 foot per year (0.30 m per year).
- The Niagara River flows at approximately 35 m per hour (56.3 km per hour).
- The falls are actually two- the American Falls and the Canadian Horseshoe Falls.
- The Horseshoe Falls are 180 feet (57 meters) high and 6 million cubic feet (168,000 cubic meters) of water go over the edge every minute.
- Niagara Falls are 12,000 years old.
- Niagara Falls in Ontario, Canada is known as the Honeymoon Capital of the world.
- Niagara Falls is one of the seven Wonders of the World.
- The Niagara region attracts more than 22 million visitors every year
- Niagara Falls is very close to Toronto, about 130km (80 miles)