Rio de Janeiro Facts
- The offical language in Rio de Janeiro is Portuguese.
- The Rio Carnival takes place in February.
- The world-famous "Christ the Redeemer" statue is 30-meter ( 98-foot ) tall and is located on the Corcovado Mountain.
- Rio was the capital of Brazil until 1960. Then it was moved to Brasilia.
- Rio has a population of 7,000,000 ( city ); 13,100,000 ( metropolitan area)
- Rio de Janeiro is on the Atlantic Ocean
- Rio's famous beaches are Copacabana Beach, Ipanema beach.
- Maracană soccer stadium is in Rio de Janeiro