Hôtel des Invalides - Hôtel des Invalides information and pictures

Hôtel des Invalides (Invalids Hall)was built by King Louis XIV from 1671 to 1676 as hospital for the homeless war veterans. The imposing building faces the Seine River and Pont Alexander III.

Hôtel des Invalides was built in Classical style and designed by architect Liberal Bruant.

The Dome Church Chapelle des Invalides with its gilded roof is at the center of the complex and is most impressive. It took 27 years to build the dome and it was first gilded in 1715. Napoleon’s body was buried in the crypt of the Dome Church.

Where is Hôtel des Invalides: Hôtel des Invalides, arrondissement 7

How to get to Invalids Hall: By metro line 8 to La Tour-Maubourg station, or line 13 to Varenne station.

Opening hours: Daily from 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM
Hotel des Invalides Paris
Chapelle des Invalides Dome Church Paris

Please help us build a better site. Add your comments about Hôtel des Invalides here.

User Comments about Hôtel des Invalides